After realizing all the people I meet that have extermely slow installations, I thought I’d write a post / article on how to make / fix your windows installation to make it work like it’s a new computer.
There’s really only 3 steps to doing this.
3. Set your C: Disk Drive partition to do a scandisk on the next book. (If you’re running an SSD, then don’t do this step)
4. If you can afford it, add RAM. Even going from 2 GB to 4GB is going to make a huge difference. If you can afford it, max out your machine.
5. Backup your data you don’t use anymore (a rule of thumb is if you haven’t accessed it in a year, move it to an external drive) or S3 (contact me).. I’ll help you get it done.
6. Everyone says refragment, I say, let me help you clean up your machine. I’ll do it for whatever you deem the donation is worth
7. I’ll tune up your machine to make it much faster than you think was possible.
So… Make your computer actually perform better than new, because you won’t have the issues of all the bloatware that came with the computer.