Over the years, I’ve been a loyal fan to HTC products, but what I’ve found is that over time, the products started to get worse in quality as it progressed.
So, I’ve finally made the switch to a Galaxy S II. (T-Mobile) version.
It’s actually a beautiful device, as I switch phones 3-4 times a year. (I buy my phones outright and never do the upgrade thing). I know I can sell the phones I have (my old ones) and just call it a day.
My last phone was a MyTouch4GS (MT4GS). To be honest, it was one problem after another.
I like to customize my phones, I like speed, and I like keyboards. I decided not to have a keyboard this time around and see how I’d do.
Well, it’s been a month now and I can tell you what I think.
1. It’s a great device that’s supported by many developers and mods. (The T-Mobile version) unfortunately doesn’t have CyanogenMod support which is unfortunate as it is always my ROM of choice. It supports up to 64 GB of SD memory, but the reality is it took me 3 years to get to 16 GB of space used, so in lieu of spending a completely ridiculous amount of money on an SDXC 64 GB card, I just bought a class 10 32GB card. By the time I fill up that card and move to the 64 GB, the prices will have gone way down.
2. I installed the Juggernaut-v5.0 ROM and installed the premium version of ADW Launcher. Beautiful ROM by the way. It’s stable, but I make it a point to reboot once a day.
3. The sound and clarity is very good with the phone itself.
4. It connects to Wi-Fi calling (UMTS) very quickly.
5. Battery life is acceptable, but I’ll be equipping it with the Mugen extended battery soon for uber awesome battery life.
6. There are plenty of accessories for it.
7. Did I mention it’s a VERY FAST phone?
8. The camera is beautiful takes completely wonderful shots.
9. I would have to say that it’s an amazing little piece of technology.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being a load of crap and 10 being completely uber), I rate this phone as an 8. Comparatively, it’s a nice little piece of tech. Check it out, it does what it needs to do without all the bloat.