Every once in a while, while it doesn’t happen much, a piece of software breaks our browser. (OK.. It happens more than less for many people).
Here’s the solution:
1. In the address bar, type about:config
2. You will receive a warning about modifying these setting could cause issues. Just accept it.
3.You will see a new window with a bunch of variables which for the most part won’t mean anything to you. It looks like this:
4. Type in Keyword.URL there.
5. Doubleclick on it.
6. Enter the following string into it (no quotes): “http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=”
7. Hit ok.
8. You’re done. Type in a keyword / search term to test. It’ll go to google and query for the term you typed.