It happens to all of us at one time or another. Our Windows installation or PC starts giving us errors for no apparent reason. Things break, applications don’t work, We go to uninstall a program and the uninstaller is completely broken. The problem is it leaves a huge mess in your registry, filesystem, as well as your installation of Windows. It will most assuredly cause problems.
Before you completely reinstall windows, try this. It’s helped me and been successful >80% of the time. This also applies to slow computers.
Here’s how to solve the problem:
1. You will need to download / buy a copy of Auslogics Boostspeed.
3. Download the program you installed that had problems originally. (The installer for the program).
I will tell you that you should definitely Buy both of these programs, because it will happen again and again. (Such is the nature of bad programming).
So here are the steps…
1. Reinstall the application using the installer for the application.
2.Install Revo Uninstaller and Use the Advanced Uninstall facility for the program you would like to uninstall.
3. Afterwards, Run Auslogics Boostspeed and fix the registry.
4. (Completely Optional): I would run a Malwarebytes scan of the entire system to make sure your computer is not a zombie. It’s amazing at how many developers purposely leave out or break the uninstallers of their applications to make your computer a zombie.
Just to give you an idea, the going rate to sign up a Zombie to a network is about 2-3.00 USD per month.. so.. It’s a nice touch of recurring revenue for those of them that decide to go over to the dark side. Remember (GAIN / Gator)? They’re the pioneers of this mess.
It’s unfortunate, but this is the way of the world today and the only way to solve this is to do this. Don’t expect your anti-virus to protect you. Many of these Zombies have the ability to disable your Anti-Virus / Firewall programs.
So don’t think that just because you have “Norton” or “McAfee” installed, you’re safe. Those are ironically two of the worst programs you could install on your computer. (In my personal opinion).
I’ve not only saved many Windows install with this solution, but have actually brought the computers back to like new condition.
I definitely recommend purchasing these products to support the developers. It’s rare to find software that actually works.
2 thoughts on “When your Windows Install is completely broken [solution]”
I feel satisfied after reading that one.
Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your web site in internet explorer, could test this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a good part of people will omit your great writing because of this problem.